install sql server 2005 standard edition from command prompt

• Hi List,

I have been trying to install MS SQL Server 2005 unattended. I created a batch file that contains all of the prameters I need to install SQL Server 2005. I am not using an ini file.

I am installing from a networkshare and my batch file is on the desktop of the machine where I want to install SQL Server 2005. The path is correctly specifed.

I specfied a domain user account that I know it exists in AD for SQLACCOUNT, AGTACCOUNT and SQLBROWSERACCOUNT allong with their passwords.

The account I use is: DOMAINNAME\USER

The installation starts....., but after sometime I get the following error:

SQL Server Setup determined that the following account properties are not specified: SQLACCOUNT, AGTACCOUNT and SQLBROWSERACCOUNT etc...

I tried the installation using local system account and I do not need passwords in this case. Still I countine to get the same error.

The account I use is: "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"

What is really going wrong? Or is using a batch file that contains all parameters is not working? Is using the ini file the only way?

I would be very grateful if you could give me a hint on this.

Thanks in advance

Niyala

• I got it working years ago using this following syntax.

setup.exe /qb USERNAME="My Company Name" COMPANYNAME="My Company Name" PIDKEY= INSTALLSQLDIR="D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" INSTALLSQLSHAREDDIR="D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" INSTALLSQLDATADIR=F:\ ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,SQL_FullText,SQL_DTS INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER SQLACCOUNT=domain\user SQLPASSWORD=passwordfordomainuser AGTACCOUNT=domain\user AGTPASSWORD=passwordfordomainuser SQLBROWSERACCOUNT=domain\user SQLBROWSERPASSWORD=passwordfordomainuser SQLAUTOSTART=1 AGTAUTOSTART=1 SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD=SAPassword DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=2

Gregory A. Larsen, MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply