Installation Confusion

• Ok, i was having a problem installing SS2k5 Developers Edition on my computer. I was told to do a repair on the .NET Framework which i did and the error message i was getting stopped.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic571923-146-1.aspx

Ok, so for the last few days i was trying to find query analyzer and learned that Enterprise Manager was no longer available in 2k5. But i still could not find Query Analyzer so i looked on line to see if i could find out where it is. I found that it is was in Microsoft SQL SERVER Management Studio (MSSMS). Yet i do NOT see Microsoft SQL SERVER Management Studio (MSSMS) on my computer.

Under the MS SQL Server 2005, i have Configuration Tools, SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor, Documentation and Tutorials.

I can't find the link for the Installation instructions i went by but i selected a default instance instead of a named instance. With SS2k, I basically knew what to pick. But with SS2k5, everything looked so different, i didn't know what to do. I just followed the installation instructions online. it had no explanation just directions. Everything seemed fine until i tried to fine QA.

• Hi...

Please download and install SSMS from the net.

Shree

• Did you select the client tools during the install?

Note if you have developer on CD, that there are 2 CDs, one with the server components and one with the client components.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply