Installing OSQL

• Very simple question with I hope a simple answer.

How do you install OSL on a server that does not have SQL server installed or is it impossible? I have my reasons for wanting to do this - too complicated to go into here.

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Install sql server client tools.! On sql serever installation CD. DOn't chose install server, select client tools only.

No license required (I Think)

• No license is required as long as you connect to a licensed version of SQL Server.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Many thanks for your help.

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply