Installing R services offline

• I may have missed something obvious, but I'm trying to install the R Services (In-Database) on a new instance of 2016 Enterprise Edition (currently RTM). My server doesn't have access to the internet, so I'm using the offline method (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/mt695942.aspx ).

I've downloaded the two .cab files and copied them to the server, but when the installation wizard directs me to browse to the files, it can't detect them. I can't type in the install path either.

These are the instructions:

1.Use the links listed above to download the appropriate version.

2.Copy the CAB files to a folder on the computer where you will install the update.

3.When you run the setup wizard for SQL Server, click Accept on the Microsoft R licensing page. A dialog box will appear that lists the links to the downloads. Enter the path to the location of the files you downloaded.

4.Click Next to indicate that the components are available, and complete the SQL Server setup wizard

I get stuck at step 3 and the Next button remains greyed out. What am I missing? I have Googled it but I can't find anything yet. I have tried different file locations, patching to CU1, all sorts of things and no luck.

Thanks in advance.

• I'm wondering, from reading the directions, if you need to rename the files (non-CU1 versions) to indicate your SQL language, as indicated here:

However, if you are installing one of the localized versions of SQL Server to a computer without Internet access and download the R installers to a local share, you must manually edit the name of the downloaded files to use the language identifier for the language you are installing.

Please note, I've not installed R Services in any way, shape, or form (yet)

• Thanks for replying. I did consider that, but when I looked up the codes for English, the files appeared to have the right names already; SRS_8.0.3.0_1033 and SRS_8.0.3.10000_1033 (1033 being English). I'm stumped!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply