Installing SQL Server 2005 Problems!!!!!!!!

• Hi:

I am new to this group, and also is the first time I am installing SQL Server 2005. I had to do it remotely, so I copied the DVD from Miami to an Atlanta server, got error ""There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard"

After this error, I tried everything and could not installed, also I read article

Article ID : 916760

and applied the recommendation and nothing...... they are rebuilding the server with windows 2003, hopefully i will try to follow instructions from this article.

Any tips or advise before I start again?.

Thank you in advance.

Pablo Campanini

• Pablo

This was the guide I referenced for my initial installation. I did not install remotely and did get the error you described however so I am no help there.

http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/database/soa/Avoiding_Microsoft_SQL_Server_2005_deployment_pitfalls/0,39024547,39229543,00.htm

Best of luck.

Stuart

"Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be a fish" - Ovid

• If it fails again you might want to take a look at the installation log file.  It's normally located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\log\summary.txt.

• I though that if you copy the file to local disk and then try to install sql 2005 then it will work.  Good luck.  I haven't had much of a problem doing plain sql 2005 install remotely.

mom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply