Installing sql server 2008 in command line

• I am using command line to install sql server 2008 automatically in silent mode.But if i select mixed authentication then i have to provide sa password. But i want to create a new instance with username "test" with a password. How can i do it in command line?

• You can only specify SA and Service accounts/passwords during install. After install is when you create regular users. Unless you are talking about adding a new user as a sysadmin. Then it needs to be a windows account and you add that to the parameter SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="" within the ini file.

• You might want to look at SQL FineBuild. This can help you simplify and standardise your command line installs of SQL Server.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• I am installing sql server 2005 express together with my application because my application needs sql server for its working. So i choose silent mode install using command line in my installer.

But now i want to install new instance with a instance name "test" and login as "admin" and password as "xxxx". So how it can be done? I know how to install new instance with sa login.

Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply