Insufficient Permission alert fired on successful login

• I have a user running a crystal report.  When she tries to run a report it prompts her for a username/password.  She logs in and the connection is made w/o any errors, however on the database side, I receive a 014 - Insufficient Permissions email (my alert I set up).  Does anyone know why this is happening.

Thanks in advance,

JG

• It is possible (I'm guessing here) that she is prompted for credentials because her current credentials were rejected.  Does your email alert show what username had insufficient permissions, if so is it the same username as what she uses to login with.

-

• yes, she types in 'sa' and the I immediately get the email for 'sa'.  And she is only prompted once for the credentials.

• Was there any resolution to this issue? Why does an 017 get generated on successful login.

Is 017 only appliciable to logging into sql server, or does it also apply to permission errors on sql service account trying to access network resources such as a folder share?

• One possibility is that the server is checking Windows authentication first, automatically. The user would only see the dialog box where she enters the 'sa' log-in.

I ran into this recently on a PC where an external DNS server IP was listed ahead of the local DNS server. The 'sa' log-in would work fine, but not the local Windows authentication. Once I listed the local DNS server first in the IP connection settings, I had no more trouble.

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply