Int32 Microsoft.sqlserver.management.sdk.sfc.isfcdomain.getlogicalversion error when opening SQL Management Studio

• I have been working with SQL Server 2008 for a few years and wanted to get my MCTS certification. I have installed SQL Server 2008 Enterprise evaluation as instructed by the 70-432 training book on my home laptop. I was prompted with a message stating sql server 2008 sp1 needed to be installed. I completed the SQL Server 2008 installation and then installed SQL Server 2008 sp1 and finally, I rebooted. I can't access the SQL Management Studio. I always receive the following error: "Int32 Microsoft.sqlserver.management.sdk.sfc.isfcdomain.getlogicalversion()". I am on Windows 7 and the sqlserver.management.sdk.sfc version found in windows/assebly is 10.50.1600.1. I have found that SQL Server 2008 R2 is automatically installed when I install the original version. So, I do have sqlserver.management.collector in windows/assembly as well with version 10.0.1600.22. I have researched endlessly to fix this problem without any luck. Please help!!!!

• I'm in the same boat on this one. If someone has a way to fix it I would appreciate it.

• I have found that the only solution was to install virtual XP on my OS. Once installed, I ran the SQL Server install and didn't receive the error any longer.

• I was able to fix this. Here is what I had to do. I uninstalled SQL Server 2008 and R2. Any instances. Then I reinstalled SQL Server BIDS client for 2008 and then reinstalled R2 Client tools except for BIDS clients and that fixed it.

• Excellent. Your solution was much better than mine. Thanks for the tip.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply