Integration services would not uninstall

• Hi,

I was trying to uninstall Integration Services from one of my servers, but it would fail with the following error:

Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (64-bit) - Update 'Service Pack 2 for SQL Server Integration Services 2005 (64-bit) ENU (KB921896)' could not be removed.

I could not install SP3 due to the same error.

Any ideas on how can I force the uninstall?

Thanks.

• Ok, the problem got solved by setting the following registry keys (for Service Pack 2 and the hotfix):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\<Product Code>\Patches\<Patch Code>

MSI3 1

Patch Type 0

State 2

Uninstallable 1

• Please could you explain how it works.

The data for the 'Uninstallable' is always 0 in the REGISTRY.

What was your previous (default) value for it and what was the value give when you fixed it.

John

• m.John (3/31/2010)

Please could you explain how it works.

The data for the 'Uninstallable' is always 0 in the REGISTRY.

i think roust_m made it Uninstallable = 1. then did the uninstallation.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• I could uninstall the Integration Services without changing the data value from 0 to 1.

I'm still confused.

John

• bigM (3/31/2010)

I could uninstall the Integration Services without changing the data value from 0 to 1.

I'm still confused.

In my case I had a problem uninstalling IS or upgrading it to SP3 because some SP2 installation files had been deleted, so it was not a standard situation. The registry changes helped to overcome the issue. In normal circumstances you should be able to uninstall IS without any registry updates.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply