Integrity Checks

• I have been running regular integrity checks on a db and until recently they have run perfrectly. Now, the job fails immedietly after it starts. The job history is no help what so ever.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? Is it because the integrity has been broken?? If so why does sql em tell you this???

Thank you.

• does you xp_sqlmaint call have a -rpt option? If so the file identified should hopefully give you some indication why the job failed. This file by default is normally written to the log directory.

Do you have a -rpt option specified? If not possibly your view history has the information, although normally not many lines are shown. So I normally add a file under the "Output File" option of the "Advanced" tab when editing the job step. This allows me to get all the output lines to a single file, per step. Hope this helps you determine where your job is failing.

Gregory Larsen, DBA

If you looking for SQL Server Examples check out my website at http://www.geocities.com/sqlserverexamples

Gregory A. Larsen, MVP

• The most probably cause is that you use repair_fast and have a connect open.

Never use repair_fast in a job.

And you should log to file, als Greg explained.

Joachim.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply