Intermittent Error on SQL Server Agent:[SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198))

• Hi,

I have same problem. Few instances of SQL 2000 are running on windows 2003 server.

On one of instance jobs were running normally for months. Then suddenly i saw that all yobs failed. Jobs were set up to use various NT users which all are members of local admin group and Domain admin group. However similar jobs using same NT user acounts on other instances had no problems.

Setting up jobs to use SQL account is not a solution here, because all jobs needs access to local an network file systems. To access filesystems from SQL user i will need to setup a proxy account, but as far as i know it also requires domain authentication of user (xp_logininfo) when accessed. (can anybody confirm this?)

Currently I am digging into problem and would appreciate any help.

Aivars

• i do have the same issue, we are kinda consoldating the domains. i have changed the owner of DTS, job owner name.....it was working but when i did change the services name. jobs failed with the same error. my guess something related to proxy account configured in sql server agent properties is causing an issue...

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply