Internal error: An expression services limit has been reached

• Has anyone seen this error returned from an application server whilst running a stored procedure against a SQL2012 database?

I have a simple SP that returns 2 columns with 4 inner joins, results are about 100 odd rows max, nothing complicated. When I run the SP via SSMS it works fine, as soon as this is run via an application server the SP fails to complete with the error :

Internal error: An expression services limit has been reached. Please look for potentially complex expressions in your query, and try to simplify them.

We are not getting anywhere near the expression limit so I cannot understand why we are suddenly receiving this error. 2 weeks ago this query was running fine, no updates have been rolled out to the SQL database servers or application servers but the error is suddenly appearing on both prod and dev environments.

Any ideas?

• DBAMike (8/5/2015)

Has anyone seen this error returned from an application server whilst running a stored procedure against a SQL2012 database?

I have a simple SP that returns 2 columns with 4 inner joins, results are about 100 odd rows max, nothing complicated. When I run the SP via SSMS it works fine, as soon as this is run via an application server the SP fails to complete with the error :

Internal error: An expression services limit has been reached. Please look for potentially complex expressions in your query, and try to simplify them.

We are not getting anywhere near the expression limit so I cannot understand why we are suddenly receiving this error. 2 weeks ago this query was running fine, no updates have been rolled out to the SQL database servers or application servers but the error is suddenly appearing on both prod and dev environments.

Any ideas?

Without more information it's impossible to say, please post the query, DDL (create table), execution plan and all other relevant information.

😎

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply