Internationalisation

• I hope this is the right forum to post this message.

My company is in the early stages of developing a new web application. The application will be very date/time dependant.

One of my major concerns is how to handle the fact that we will have users who operate in different time zones. For example a collection in the UK and a delivery in Germany.

I've been doing a bit of reading about different ways to handle this. The recurring theme is that we need to standardase the date/time data internally in the database using UTC and adjust the displayed data depending on the users locale.

Does anyone have experience of working with this type of senario. I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts. Alternativley if you are aware of any useful articles they would also be very welcome.

Thanks very much for your time.

Windows 2008 Server | SQL Server 2008

• IF the database is defined with a non-local time for storing time internally (e.g. using system clock and setting all time entries to GMT), and the users' work stations have local time correctly defined, it's not clear to me that there's additional work to do. But I have only a theoretical understanding which may not be correct.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply