Interrupted Time Line using Range Chart

• I'm trying to show one line with breaks for the breaks in a subscription.

I have one customer with one subscription, but there is a two day gap. When I use the Range Chart it shows to bars for the two time ranges, except it shows them on two rows. Is there a way to combine these two bars on one row?

• Indeed there is.

Not sure how you are doing your categories/series groups.

You need to have a ID for a series group so min/max on the dates breaks up correctly. This is how I did it, but you may already have and ID to do it:

e.g. SELECT [Org ID], [Company Code], [Start Date] , [End Date], ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY [Org ID] ORDER BY [Start Date]) AS [SeriesGrp]

So add the chart, set Category Group to [Company Code] or [Org ID], Set the Series Groups to [SeriesGrp], Values to First(StartDate), First(EndDate).

You then need to select the series on the chart. Go to the properties window (press F4, not right click -> series properties), scroll to General and expand Custom Attributes and change DrawSideBySide to False.

You should now see the bars are at the same level. You can then change the fill colour in series properties to one colour so they look right.

Hope this works for you.

• I've tried the Draw side by side, but it doesn't do the trick. No matter what I have tried, I always wind up with a Gantt chart, even when I only have 1 series to deal with.

• I suspect your groupings might not be right.

You are not dealing with one series, you are dealing with two.

7/10/2006 - 9/1/07 is one

9/3/2007 - 9/1/2013 is two.

Have a look at the attached report definition and see what you think, you can just edit the datasource to point anywhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply