Interview Questions

• Hi Experts,

I am a DBA having more than 4 years experience.

I have one interview scheduled today(last round) and they are going to ask me on OS and memory (they specifically mentioned).But I am not sure about the questions or areas where I should look into. Its my dream to work for the company and now I am really worried. As a DBA am unknown abt the questions they are going to ask me on OS and memory

Please help

Thanks In Advance

• Familiarize yourself with how SQL Server utilizes CPU and Memory from the Host.

Read up on AWE & PAE, maximum & minimum memory usage; Lock pages in memory; differences in 32bit and 64bit memory usage......

good luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Even if you don't know the correct answer, describe your thought process to them. They're looking to see how well you handle things you might be unfamiliar with. If your ideas would lead you in the right direction if this were an actual case, then you answered the question right.

• Thanks Henrico & Derrick

As Henrico pointed ..Could you please gimme some question based on this or some topics which might help me at this point???

• Could you please gimme some question based on this or some topics which might help me at this point???

they could as you to explain what you will do when presented with a server, with 8GB RAM, but the client needs 32 Bit SQL installed on a 32 bit OS.

How will you ensure maximum memory usage and not waste 4GB?

Definitions of PAE & AWE - which does what?

Why will you enable AWE on a 64bit system?

Explain how AWE utilities PAE.

etc.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply