invalid character value for cast specification in SSIS

• Hi all,

I have a package in SSIS which takes the data from the CSV file and dumps into sql server. The package is executing successully on my local system. But, when I migrated the package to 64 Bit 2003 Server it is not executing the same package and I am getting error mesage as "invalid character value for cast specification".

I don't understand when the same package is executing successfully on my machine why not on server.

The SQL Server datatype is INT and I am not using any data conversion for this.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sai

• If you're using SQL Server 64 bit, there is no Excel driver for that version - you'll have to use the 32 bit version. See a similar discussion here.

However, if it was a 64 bit problem only, I would expect to see a different error message. Try out the 32-bit version, and if it doesn't help, post a little more info about your environment and package.

hth,

Tim

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Hi Tim,

First of all, I appreciate for replying to my question. We don't have 32 Bit Server. Please suggest any other alternative through which I can execute my package on 64 bit server.

Thanks,

sai

• Sai,

You should have the 32-bit dtexec executable file on your server [under the Program Files (x86) folder] which would allow you to utilize the Excel connection on the 64 bit server. See this article on MSDN for more information.

hth,

Tim

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply