Invalid object name

• Hi,

I have a database named Test1db, and try to update a column but I keep getting this error message below. Do you have any idea? much appreciate!!!

use Test1DB

UPDATE Test1DB.CE_general SET CESerialNumber = db_admin.dbo.san(CESerialNumber,3);

Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Invalid object name 'avu.CE_general'.

• Have you checked with manual input to see if the error comes from the function?

• To me it looks like you're missing your owner/schema in your update statement... That's the first thing that looks to be missing. Unless your owner is Test1DB, however I assumed that was the DB name from the USE statement.

• Probably the reason is, you are using update statement using a different object owner while the object has been created using other one.

For example, if an object has been created using user John and you are accessing the same object with user Scott then it shows the same error 'Invalid Object Name'.

Please try to get the object owner for that particular object and execute the same statement using [owner name].[object name]

Hope it will help you.

• Wow. you guys are great help!!! I know what's wrong now. Thank you very much!!!

• What was the problem? Your solution will surely save someone's butt someday so it would really help him if you could post the solution ;).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply