Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created

• I got that error when installing sp1 on SQL server2008 standard ed. But I can't rerun it, it says sp1 is installed already.

How do I know if it's installed correctly? Should I uninstall everything and reinstall it?

Thanks very much.

• Hello

I am getting the same message, and after trawling the forums, someone suggested creating c:\Temp

I did & tried again & unbelievably it worked!

• this is typical microsoft bull excrement. it has been such a pleasure using other db platforms in the last few months, now, because of work reasons i need to install sql server 2008 and the first thing i encounter is an error on the install. it makes me doubt the 'testing' department that microsoft insists is so superior to other software manufacturers. i mean come on microsoft, if u intend to gain further market share and make (force) people to adopt your new technology, get real and make sure that your install file works. not to mention i had to download before hand all the windows service packs, then the .net framework and the service pack for that just to get my computer ready to install SQL 2008. As 'inferior' as MySQL and PostgreSQL might seem in terms of features etc, they are in fact sufficient platforms for most database orientated applications, provided of course you know what your'e doing. Going through the hassle that i am 'forced' to with what should be a simple install of SQL server 2008, then finding out, after i have updated my computer to meet the minimum requirements, that the installer is buggy leaves a very unpleasant taste in my mouth...get real microsoft before you (hopefully) loose your server market share and the linux world makes further inroads - admittedly though i enjoy using (previous) versions of MS SQL but i am getting increasingly annoyed with having to use my paid for bandwidth to download and install huge (possibly buggy) files when ever i need to update my system or skills. total bull excrement. if the 'others' (vendors except Microsoft) had equivalent technology i would move over in a flash!

• ps: creating a <install drive>:\Temp file seems to work in my case it was g:\Temp

oh...i now have to install windows powershell onto my recently bloated fresh install of xp, which means i have to validate as genuine first - no problem that.

note to microsoft management: not all of us have hours to waste installing your bloat ware and (buggy) bug fixes, not to mention some of us live in africa where bandwidth is slow and expensive...

don't get me wrong, i am not a n00b and am a programmer, so i understand the complexities in software - one of which is user friendliness (not frustrating your user falls into that category) - but i have recently been involved in a number of projects on other platforms and think that the lack of frustration in the other vendors operating systems and software installations out weighs the perceived 'inferiority' of the said installations. ps - most applications DO NOT require advanced functionality, especially when concerned with the database tier as good design and proper programming techniques will fulfill most requirements.

• Windows Server 2008 Standard 64 bit

Installing Sql Server SP1 x64 on Sql Server 2008 , the old one, not R2...

I got the message Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called

Solved closing all Windows opened after launching SETUP (setup launched "run as administrator")

then at EVERY message window during install, clicked two times on the window header to maximize it...

this way the problem disappeared and the setup completed succesfully

• Closing out Windows Explorer resolved this issue for me too.

• This one did the trick.... Thx for your help

• I tried to run from the cmd prompt but in administrator mode...and it work fine....

• To solve this I reloaded .NET Framework 4.0 Not sure why, but it worked and my SSMS installed.

• hi ,for me when this message displayed i just ,disable a firewall from control panel and every thing after that run OK

thanks

• I have tried it 3-4 times then it has startred automatically.

Thanks

• For me it was the re-install of .NET 4.0. Didnt even need to reboot... worked like a charm.

• hi everbody,

Using PowerShell

Click the Start button in the lower left hand corner of the display.

Highlight All Programs and select Accessories

Expand Windows PowerShell and right click Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator. Click Yes on the User Account Control box.

At the PowerShell command prompt, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each command:

Import-Module ServerManager

Add-WindowsFeature as-net-framework

Note: A screenshot is shown below:

• This sorted it for me, tanks.

• Same solution for me. I minimized all the open windows and it started working

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply