is it junk mail or virus

• Hi friends,

I have got this mail today and would like to know if anyone else also got this type of mail as I suspect this is virus or something....

Mail as :-

Hello My New Friend.

mine4love8@yahoo.com

Good Day and How are you today.

Please do not be offended to receive this mail, I am Miss Mimunna Brown, I saw your profile today at ----sqlservercentral----- and become very interested in you,dear i see you as my text love in my life. Please if you mind write to me in my private email address (mine4love8@yahoo.com) that will enable me to explain my self to you and to send you my pictures, I will explain my self to you as soon as you contact in my private email address (mine4love8@yahoo.com). Please reply and tell me more about your self too. I will appreciate to read your mail, So please write back to me in my email address.I am waiting for you reply in my email box,

Yours New friend

Mimunna.

I thought to bring it in forum notice so that appropriate action can be taken.

----------
    Ashish

• It's junk mail, but there's nothing we can do but delete the account. If they want to keep adding them, we can only kill them when they are reported. I'll remove this one.

• Was this a PM or email from the SSC system? If so, please send me the account name.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/30/2010)

Was this a PM or email from the SSC system? If so, please send me the account name.

See The Thread. Several people have received PMs like that.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply