Is San Diego the most beautiful city?

• I have been to San Diego, CA 3 times since January and it will be my fourth time in September.

Is it just me or is this city so beautiful? In a way it reminds me of Austin,TX except with less music culture.

There's lots of hang outs because of the college kids and navy and marine base. I wish I could move to SD but the cost of living in Cali just does not scale well compared to Texas. Plus if you query DBA on Careerbuilder for San Diego the results are slim.

What are cool places to visit in SD?

So far I've been all over the Gas Lamp Quarter, Mission Valley, Little Italy, Pacific Beach...

I been thinking about the Zoo, Balboa Park and Coronado.

Outside of SQL Life I been trying to get into Photography. I want to take my new camera and take pics in SD too.

• I lived in Carlsbad for a year. It's nice, but $$$. Also too windy and no winter, bugged me.

I think Denver is amazing, but no water. However we have enough people and we're a little $$$ as well.

If you get the chance, go to Del Mar, check out the race track. Go eat down near the water, I worked at Epazote if it's still there.

Go up the US1, check out Scripps on the hill overlooking the water, maybe some of the little town north of there. La Jolla cove is nice for diving, or a nice dinner.

Check out some of the wineries as well. There are a few up near the Riverside, NE section of town by the mountain zoo. If you haven't seen the SD zoo, it's great as well.

Also there's a road that runs from the La Jolla area NE to the other side of town. As it cuts through the valleys you'll see lots of people mountain climbing on the side of the road. Veyr cool.

• Thanks, totally forgot about La Jolla. I want to check out Del Mar too. We'll try that restaurant if it's there.

• I thnk the zoo will be awesome to take pictures on my new Nikon D90 DSLR 😎

• If you're up for a little drive - just north on I-15 is Temecula Wine Country. Plenty of wineries to visit if you like that kind of thing.

Mind you, it's a bit hot during the day reaching 100+ this time of year - but it cools down nicely at night. Dropped down to mid to low 60's last night. I do have to say that it was much better than Mesa Az - where I was for the last couple of days at 107+ during the day and down to a much cooler 89 at midnight. 😉

If you don't mind a commute - living in this area and working in either San Diego (South), or Anaheim (North and West) it is very affordable. But, you will be commuting for at least an hour each way.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply