Is SQL 2010 in plan of MS?

• Is Microsoft planning for SQL 2010. Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

• i heard something about 2011 beta coming up.

:crazy: :alien:

Umar Iqbal

• If Microsoft is planning a 2010 release nothing would be known until closer to then. You could probably called SQL 2008 R2 (currently in beta) the 2010 release as it probably won't ship until early-mid 2010.

(This is just speculation on my part).

• I normally check at this site, they are usually up to date

http://sqlserverpedia.com/wiki/SQL_Server_Release_Date_Calendar

• I've received a notification from a program we were participating (we're not into an NDA however but for security reason I won't disclose more info on how I get that info) and it was stating SQL Server 2010 in the list of next supported software.

Although there's still a lot of time before a new release will be available and there's chances that the name changed, at some point it was planned though.

• SQL Server 2008 R2 was announced as the official product name a while back. It has been in public beta for at least a month or two now.

• Yes, it will be SQL 2008 R2. It was originally slated to be SQL 2010 - but that plan and name changed a few months back.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Maybe in 2011 will come up the new version of the SQL Server, and I don't know, no reason to call it SQL Server 2010 till it comes in 2011! So this info is just supposing nothing at all informations about releasing any version till now.

============================================================
    SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/[/url]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply