Isnumeric check in Expression Builder

• Hello,

I am new to SSIS, just wanted to know if I can add Isnumeric check in Expression builder. I do not see any predefined function in it.

I am trying to use expression over precedence.

Please help

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha

• Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I already went from that post. I guess I missed some more things to mention in my post.

I am checking if isNumeric(string) value. In precedence constraint editor I am using constraint + expression option and I want to check if the string value is completely numeric. If it is then I will go ahead with the next steo.

Is it possible to do it this way?

• In that case you can use the same logic. For 2008 in the Precedence Constraint simply evaluate the value (which I'm assuming is a variable at this point) to itself as an integer (like in the link). If this evaluates to true then it'll pass.

In 2012 onwards you could put this logic into an expression task and have success and failure flows coming from that. Either way that's how you can do it 🙂

I'm on LinkedIn

• Correct!

I am using 2012 and it is not possible to add isnumeric by any ways as constraint and expression. Hence I have changed the logic and using a sql block in execute sql task where I am using Isnumeric 🙂

It is working fine.

Thanks for your time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply