Issues Attaching MdxStepByStep.mdf

• Hi,

Even I am not able to attach the database to the sql server, although i deleted the LDF file from the specified location.

If some body specifies the backup file of this database, it must be very useful to me. I am new to MDX queries. I want to learn writing MDX queries.

Pls send the backup file fo this database to yvbchowdary@gmail.com userid, if possible. If you assume the file is big, then you can use the following site to upload the file.

http://www.usaupload.net/

I would be thankful to you,

Thank you,

Venubabu.

• It doesn't work. Doesn't matter whether we delete the .ldf file or keep both the files elsewhere, it is not working man...

Just wait!!!

I just copied both files into C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA folder, deleted the .ldf file and tried to run script from attach_db.sql after copying new folder path...Hurray! It worked fine with below message:

File activation failure. The physical file name "C:\Microsoft Press\MDX SBS\Setup\SQL Server\MdxStepByStep_log.LDF" may be incorrect.

New log file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\MdxStepByStep_log.LDF' was created.

I made a mistake by trying to attach it by right click on Databases in Object Explorer...Run the attach_db.sql.

Regards,

Dhananjay Kumar Upadhyay

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply