Issues connecting via trusted domain

• We are in process of changing domains and have the new domain and old domain setup in a trust in AD. Recently switched my user to the new domain and I can no longer connect to some of my SQL servers with me new domain user. Get message.

Login Failed for user ". The user is not associated with a Trusted Sql server connection. error 18452.

If I open SSMS and instead of using the servername I use tcp:<ip address> I can connect. I then decided to change the services to the new domain and now any user with the old domain cannot connect to these servers unless they use the IP. I checked DNS and I can ping both name and IP and pull name pinging IP. Strange thing is we have many server and this is happening only on about 10% of them, I compare SQL setup and do not see anything different.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• One new note. Found that if I add a space after the servername when trying to login to the domain that the services are not started with I can connect. ex: osql -E -S "<serverName> ,1433" or add a space in the config of the ODBC connection. I do not need to add this space to connect using the same domain as the services. I found some info on this in some blogs that it happens but having a hard time figuring out how to fix it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply