Issues with SP3a

• We're looking to install SP3a on our SQL cluster. Has anyone experienced any issues with installing the latest service pack?

• have you gone ahead with this upgrade? I'm planning to do the same thing in a test environment today and wanted to know also if there is anything to watch out for...

• I'm creating a plan to do this on QA/development today. I will post my results as soon as possible.

• I'll let you know how mine turns out today as well. Check out the readme.htm for installing on a failover cluster.

• I completed the SP3a install on our test failover cluster. I'm not seeing any issues and the application running here has been tested for connectivity, performance, and functionality. This testing is continuing but no issues as of yet.

• Have you installed the critical patch MS-031? You can't still install the patch unless SP3 or SP3A has been installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-031.asp

• Yes. The installer for the patch runs the same as the SP installer i.e. run on the active node, the installer updates all nodes. I then rebooted both nodes serially.

Everything is still looking good.

• I've been running sp3a on 4 production servers for several weeks now. The machines have all be restarted more than once. I've had no issues with respect to SP3a (so far)

Francis

• I've installed SP3a on several servers ..... No issues that I'm aware of.

• We did run into some issues with Cross Database Ownership chaining. In SP3a there is an option now to enable it at a server or database level. In our system, we have a need to enable it but it had caused some permission issues.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply