JDBC and SQL2K

• Quick question:

One programer uses Tomcat to connect to my SQL2K box with MS JDBC for SQL. My box is Mixed Mode Auth. However the programer can't connect with the error:

Cannot connect to jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/database=xxxxxxxxx&user=xxxxxxx&Password=xxxxxxx, reason:java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Rows:0

Why can't he connect with this specific error when my box is in mixed mode? How to fix it?

Thx.

• If you use a sql login and it fails, it'll try to use a trusted connection - well, in ADO world anyway! I'd double check how you're defining your connection.

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• My SQL box is at an Exodus data center. All developers are sitting at local office. So absolutely SQL must be mixed mode to authenticate the logins. However before I got the this notification:

DATE/TIME: 10/18/2002 3:41:19 PM

DESCRIPTION: 18452

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL

Server connection.

COMMENT: (None)

JOB RUN: (None)

Now I got:

DATE/TIME: 10/18/2002 3:49:00 PM

DESCRIPTION: 18456

Login failed for user 'xxxxx'.

COMMENT: (None)

JOB RUN: (None)

I don't have the connection string from the programer yet.

• Forgot to mention that this login ID has read and write permissions to the database used in the connection string.

• Finally it works.

The developer just said it is something with the driver itself; he tried to blame me at first for the login fail error though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply