Job

• Hi,

SQL server 2005 SP3

I have disabled the job's(copy , Restore & alert) which is belongs to log shipping process at the secondary server.but i am seeing the restore job failed messages with today date.

2010-04-16 04:00:13.453 2010-04-16 08:00:13.460

The log in this backup set begins at LSN 63000000769600001,

which is too recent to apply to the database.

An earlier log backup that includes LSN 63000000767600001 can be restored.

RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally.

Could not find a log backup file that could be applied to secondary database 'secondary'.

I have verified the enabled column valuse in the sysjobs table its showing the value as "0" even though its populating error messages.

Can you help me ?

• The sequence requires an older log to be restored first and then the newer one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Hi,

The error is most probably because log shipping is still enabled and its trying to restore the secondary...

• sudhakara (4/16/2010)

I have disabled the job's(copy , Restore & alert) which is belongs to log shipping process at the secondary server.but i am seeing the restore job failed messages with today date.

You mean to say that Job is still running after it kept(put) in disabled state?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Bhuvnesh (4/16/2010)

sudhakara (4/16/2010)

You mean to say that Job is still running after it kept(put) in disabled state?

Yes..You are right. please tell me how its populating error messge.

• EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_update_job

@job_name=N'NAme of job',

@enabled=0

and still face the issue, restart sql agent

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Yesterday i have restarted the sql server itself.but still its populating the same error message.

• have you tried other option ( SP appraoch ) ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply