Job runs but never completes or gives errors

• 1. Job calls a very simple SSIS package.
    2. Tested Package by Logging in as SQL Server Agent, packages runs by right clicking and executing, completes in 5 seconds.
    3. Package uses "Execute Process Task" which calls an executable that moves a file from folder to folder.
    4. Executable also runs while logging in as SQL Server Agent.

5. If I run it from a Job it runs but never completes or gives errors. I turned on logging but I get nothing if I run from the job. The logging works if I right click and execute the job.

6. The end game is to run a run a much bigger Package, but I am trouble shooting by creating something simple.

• For file operations, I would normally expect to see a File System Task or a Script Task being used. Why are you calling an executable to do this?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• The normal culprits for this sort of thing are pop-up boxes, and prompts for user input.  I am assuming there are none of these, as you have run the packages interactively, and nothing seems to have come up.  Does UAC come up when you run the executable?  When the job is running, what do you see in Task Manager?  DTEXEC.exe would be the package running, even if it is waiting on something.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply