Job Schedule Behavior

• Hi,

I've a job that is scheduled to run weekly on Mon-Fri every 3 hours starting 8 AM and end 7 AM. However job history shows that the job runs only twice on Tue, Thu and SAT?? at 2 AM and 5 AM.

It runs as expected at 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM, 11 PM on Mon, Wed and Fri. Anyone had similar issues?

• How have you configured the schedule?

You cannot have schedules which span days.

Also, if you want 8am – 7am your schedule will begin at 8am Monday and finish at 7am Tuesday thus giving you a 23 hour window and a 2am and 5am execution. Do you actually want it to start in the morning and finish in the afternoon?

• MysteryJimbo (10/27/2011)

How have you configured the schedule?

You cannot have schedules which span days.

Also, if you want 8am – 7am your schedule will begin at 8am Monday and finish at 7am Tuesday thus giving you a 23 hour window and a 2am and 5am execution. Do you actually want it to start in the morning and finish in the afternoon?

It's configured Weekly, Mon-Fri, begin 8 AM, end 7 AM, run every 3 hours. Not sure why you cannot have schedule which spans days, since the option is there. The goal is to configure a schedule to run every 3 hours during working week.

Still don't get why this would run on a Saturday but not Sunday, both days are checked off.

• Lexa (10/27/2011)

It's configured Weekly, Mon-Fri, begin 8 AM, end 7 AM, run every 3 hours. Not sure why you cannot have schedule which spans days, since the option is there. The goal is to configure a schedule to run every 3 hours during working week.

Still don't get why this would run on a Saturday but not Sunday, both days are checked off.

Sorry, I got my Windows scheduler confused with the sql agent. I've never had this in type of schedule in SQL.

To get a schedule to run 00:00 Mon- 23:59:59 Friday, you need to enable the times to run 00:00 - 23:59:59, running every 3 hours

This will give you a start time of 00:00 Monday am and it will run every 3 hours until 21:00 Friday. If you want it to run at 00:00 Satuday you will need to change the times to 00:00 - 00:00:00

It ran on Saturday because your Friday schedule was 8am Friday - 7am Saturday. The two executions on Saturday were part of fridays schedule. Saturdays, had you ticked the box, would have begain at 8am.

• MysteryJimbo (10/27/2011)

Lexa (10/27/2011)

Sorry, I got my Windows scheduler confused with the sql agent. I've never had this in type of schedule in SQL.

To get a schedule to run 00:00 Mon- 23:59:59 Friday, you need to enable the times to run 00:00 - 23:59:59, running every 3 hours

This will give you a start time of 00:00 Monday am and it will run every 3 hours until 21:00 Friday. If you want it to run at 00:00 Satuday you will need to change the times to 00:00 - 00:00:00

It ran on Saturday because your Friday schedule was 8am Friday - 7am Saturday. The two executions on Saturday were part of fridays schedule. Saturdays, had you ticked the box, would have begain at 8am.

Thanks MysteryJimbo, that makes sense.

• Lexa (10/27/2011)

Thanks MysteryJimbo, that makes sense.

No problem! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply