Jobs are not seen in connected sql server 2000 server from sql server 2005 SSMS

• Dear All,

From my SQL server 2005 SSMS I have connected to one SQL Server 2000 database. Am able to see all the tables, views and procedures etc,. But am not able to see any JOBS in that server. why so..? Can anyone help pls....

Thanks in advance.

Santhosh Nair.

• I don't have that problem. Are your installs out of the box and are you a sysadmin?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• If you cannot see SQL Server Agent, then one of two things comes to mind. Either you are connecting to a SQL Server Express Edition (does not have SQL Agent), or you are using SQL Server Management Studio Express which does not have the ability to work with SQL Server Agent.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Hi,

I am able to see the SQL Server Agent and JOBs folder. But am not seeing any of the JOB in jobs folder..That's the problem.

Thanks,

Santhu.

• That would indicate a priviliges issue - try creating a new job (doesn't have to have anything in it or be scheduled) and see if you get any errors.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply