Jobs have failed and succeded when i restarted the job

• Hi,

my jobs have failed this morning at one step because of a procedure .and i ran the procedure to find out where the code is failing .it ran fine.and I have therefore kicked off the jobs again. it has completed successfully.

Now i want to find why my jobs have failed in the first place ,and i don't think there any blocking going on at that point of time.

Could anyone tell me what might be the reason for it?

if you have faced the same situation it will help me.

Thank You

• do you log your jobs? was there and error? There could be a couple hundred reasons why it might have failed but with out some more information you would have a pretty hard time determining the exact reason. When this happens I ususally turn on the log for the job so that when and if it fails again I will be able to get some more detailed information.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• You can access the job history of your jobs from the Job Activity Monitor. Just right-click on the job and go to View History. It should give you a list of when the job has run and there will be a red circle with an X in it next to the time it didn't run.

Open that instance and go to the item below the entry for the failure. You'll probably have to move the window divider (I always have to, annoys me that it doesn't keep the prior settings as what you need to know is in the lower half of the window).

There it should tell you why the job failed, or at least give you a starting point so you can figure it out. If you can't, then post that error here and someone can help you decipher it.

If nothing shows up in the history, then you'll probably have to change some settings to allow logging or to allow a bigger log.

-- Kit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply