Just moving a report - have a question regarding execution account.

• Hello RS gurus,

I hope someone can help me. I have basically moved a report from one SQL Server to another. I feel as though I am almost there. When I run the report locally on the SQL Server it works. But if I run it from my browser on my machine, I get the following error..

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Query execution failed for dataset 'Misc_Reports'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

Now I am fairly positive that this referring to logging in through the Data Source or the fact I have not specified an account for the linked server where the data source resides, but before I configure anything else, is this what an execution account is used for, or am I incorrect?

New to RS, so just trying my best, any help is appreciated.

Regards,

D.

• Not sure on what you mean by moving on report to another SQL server.

RS has a web front end which accesses a ReportServer database. Both can be on different boxes.

Best practice is to use a service account. This way you only give the service account read/execute permissions to the database(s) it is trying to access.

However, if you have your credentials in the data source something has to be up. If I can get more info I might be able to help.

• Hello,

Thanks for getting back, I managed this in the end. I did not use the service account, I used an execution account instead. I think the problem lay with the linked server setup, which I deleted then recreated, seems to work fine now, thank you.

Regards,

D.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply