Kill the "RUNNABLE" Status Process

• Hi All,

How can i kill "RUNNABLE" Status Process?

For ex, if i run sp_who2 it display all the SQL Server Process. If i force to kill the RUNNABLE Status Process, it throws the below warning message.

SPID 54: transaction rollback in progress. Estimated rollback completion: 0%. Estimated time remaining: 0 seconds.

If i see the Locks by Object in Activity Monitor that Current Process ID is in Shared Lock.

Folks, help me to some the Problem.

---

• I had faced the same issue twice or thrice on my test server. That time I just restarted the SQL server service 🙂 (as it was a test server).

-Vikas Bindra

• I have faced the same problem, all you have to do is to wait until SQL completes the operation, if its shared by some other process try to kill that one, else as suggested restart SQL server, but this is not recommended, if the transaction is not completed, sql goes into recovery mode when restarted 🙂

• vikas bindra (1/22/2009)

I had faced the same issue twice or thrice on my test server. That time I just restarted the SQL server service 🙂 (as it was a test server).

I don't want to restart the server since all the users are pointing to the same DB server.

Is there any way to get the Shared Lock ID for that RUNNABLE Process ID? 😛

---

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply