Knock, Knock…Who's There?

• Q: How many Jeff Moden's does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One. Any more would obviously be RBAR.

Q: How many lightbulbs does Jeff Moden take to change a light bulb?

A: 1,000,001. One to replace the lightbulb, and at least one million to test every possible method to see which is the fastest.

😀

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Steve Jones - Editor (7/25/2008)

I think Americans in general are a little arrogant, and overall, culturally ignorant. We tend to see the US as the center of the world.

Even within the US, there are people who think the world centers on the West Coast and/or the East Coast and there isn't anything in between.

• Lux (7/25/2008)

I live in Texas

Well, now you're confusing Texans with Americans. Texans will be happy to tell you that theirs is the only state that was an independent country. (They seem to forget about the Hawaiian Monarchy)

Texas fathers tell their sons, "Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell you. And if he's not, you don't want to embarrass him."

"I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could..."

--
    Anye Mercy
    "Service Unavailable is not an Error" -- John, ENOM support
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya in "Princess Bride"
    "Civilization exists by geologic consent, subject to change without notice." -- Will Durant

• Wo you are the first person I have ever met who said the US version of the office was better than the UK version.

The us does make good comedies but to say this there is something wrong. the cover is never as good as the original.

I am British and do feel British comedies are the best and probably people from most of the commonwealth would feel the same. American humor may go further around the world as its cheap to buy and will give you a laugh, but how many people from around the world remember old American comedies. I don't really, but I can name allot of old British comedies, like forty towers, only fools and horses, Monty python, Benny Hill the list goes on.

Haha to write that the American version of the office was better was a great way to get the brits angry. It would be like the Brits calling all Americans rednecks who, like to have sex with there sisters. 😉 you know that is not true, but some people to think it.

Regards,

Ted

• tedo (8/11/2008)

Wo you are the first person I have ever met who said the US version of the office was better than the UK version.

The us does make good comedies but to say this there is something wrong. the cover is never as good as the original.

I am British and do feel British comedies are the best and probably people from most of the commonwealth would feel the same. American humor may go further around the world as its cheap to buy and will give you a laugh, but how many people from around the world remember old American comedies. I don't really, but I can name allot of old British comedies, like forty towers, only fools and horses, Monty python, Benny Hill the list goes on.

Haha to write that the American version of the office was better was a great way to get the brits angry. It would be like the Brits calling all Americans rednecks who, like to have sex with there sisters. 😉 you know that is not true, but some people to think it.

Regards,

Ted

Well, let me tell you a little something, the worse comedian of all is Mr. Bean! Talk about boring! Now, if there is one good comedian ever then it has to be Barry Hilton from South Africa. The Americans think the sun goes down when they sit and the British think they are God's gift to the whole world. Sounds a bit insulting isn't it? That's how you guys sound. Come on, it really is not that bad. Every nation on this earth has it's own type of humor!:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

• Think? We are God's gift to the whole world - our ancestors made it what it is today! 😛

Hiding under a desk from SSIS Implemenation Work :crazy:

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply