Latency critical, but no undistributed transactions listed

• I have a transactional publication set up in sql 2005 SP2. It has been running ok, suddenly, latency is "critical" (6 hours) when I look at undestributed transactions for the subscriptions (2 of them). querying the subscriber shows that transactions stopped being applied 6 hours ago. Is there any way to catch up?

showing syncronization status displays "99 transaction(s) with 100 command(s) were delivered.' so everything seems ok. But it's obviously not. Not sure where to look.

Any help?

• Try restarting the distribution Job.

-Roy

• Thanks,

The jobs stopped and started successfully, but still not applying transactions. When this has happened in the past, we have had to reinitialize the subscriptions. Is this the only way to get around this? I can't even seem to figure out why it got into this state Any other ideas?

• Only twice did I get this issue. One got fixed when we restarted the distribution agent and the other was when we ran a delete script on the subscriber. Therefore some of the articles were not getting replicated and the others were. We had to drop the subscription and re add it.

-Roy

• OK, thanks! And drop and readd of subscription will ALways cause reinitialize correct?

• Unless otherwise specified. You can always say not to synchronize. That is it will not create a snap shot. It will assume that the data is already available.

-Roy

• Have you tried dropping a token and seeing if it makes it through OK?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply