ldf files lost

• Hi All,

One question, I have my database, mdf files, but I lost completely all my ldf files... I don't have backups.

Can I have some any little hope to recover my database?.... I want to do some attach dettach....but is not working..

Windows Server 2003

Database SQL Server 2005

Please any help???

Thank you

• Try the stpes mentioned in the below mentioned link:-

http://www.spaceprogram.com/knowledge/sqlserver_recover_from_deleted_log.html

Also, do googling for DBCC REBUILD_LOG command. This command can be handy to rebuild the SQL log file.

Do let me know where it stops you from proceeding ahead.

MJ

• If you haven't already tried this, reattach the DB and do not put an ldf. Theoretically SQL will create a new one. Sometimes in drastic measures when a DB runs out of disk space because the transacation log file filled up, one would detach the DB and delete the transaction log file. If you still have your .mdf, your data is still there. You'l just lose your transaction records meaning if you had a transaction that did not commit, your transaction will not be able to be rolled back. But that's the least of your worries.

• Hi

I did both suggestions, but I am getting that the files is being used by other proccess. But I don't know which one at this point. I already stopped all the ones that connect to Orion Application, that is the one using this database.

Any idea?

Thank you.

• Just check for the database connections using sysprocesses view and kill them.

MJ

• Hi MJ,

Sorry my question, where can I run this command from?

Thank you.

• You said that file was in use. Its better if you check whether any antivirus scan is running in background that is keeping it locked which is preventing you from attaching it. You can also try restarting sql service and then try attaching the database mdf file again.

MJ

• I started it again, remain the same...

Any other suggestion, please?

Thank you

• Maybe you can use this to see what has the file locked:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply