Licensing Question

• Hi to all,
    If I have a server which is licensed on a per processor basis, how many copies of query analyser can I install in my organisation

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Just answered my own question

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Can you share your findings with this community?

• You can install SQL Server Client tools as often and on as many machines as you would like or need.  Client tools do not need SQL Server licenses to manage the server.

Of course, you certainly do not want to give out QA to everyone to access your SQL Server.  And if you do install a part (OSQL for instance) to be used as an application for your database, that will fall under the licensing.  But since you are licensed by processor, it will not matter, you can have as many clients as you want access the server.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply