Link Server Errors

• Hello,

I'm trying to create the Link Server from MS SQL Server to Sybase, I've installed Sybase Client, added the server entries in ini file , created the DSN for Sybase Server using Sybase Driver, I'm creating the link Server Microsoft OLE DB for ODBC Driver, there is no security issues as I can isql the sybase server through that userid

While expanding the tables from EM. I'm getting the (Error 7399: OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. The provider didnot give any information about the error. OLE DB error trace[OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005

It works good in Dev server its same windows & MS SQL Server built, same sybase client installed.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Priti

• My guess is that it is a security issue.  Check the Security tab and make sure that you are aliasing all the right SQL logins to the correct Sybase user. 

/*****************

If most people are not willing to see the difficulty, this is mainly because, consciously or unconsciously, they assume that it will be they who will settle these questions for the others, and because they are convinced of their own capacity to do this. -Friedrich August von Hayek

*****************/

• Did you isql from your server or from your desktop?  If from your desktop, then try it from the server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply