Link to download SQL Server 2000

• Hi,

I want to download SQL Server 2000 trial or evaluation version.

Could you give me the link, please.

Where can I download?

Ganesh

• try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=413744D1-A0BC-479F-BAFA-E4B278EB9147&displaylang=en

That's straight from microsoft: the SQL 2000 MSDE (Desktop Edition), which is the old free for testing and evaluation version.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Why would you want SQL 2000? It was removed from mainline support over a year ago?

Try the 2005 Express version http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=220549B5-0B07-4448-8848-DCC397514B41&displaylang=en

or 2008 Express version at http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/download/

• i still have to support a few SQL 2000 clients that have not upgraded yet, it's not that uncommon that companies do not upgrade when their db system does what they need it to.

seriously, except for lack of support, is there any real reason to upgrade if your database is system and application is stable and does what you need it to?

business wise, no, but developerwise for the fun factor, new technology, gee wiz factor, yeah that has a lot going for it for me to upgrade.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I have been working in SQL Server 2005 environment. However, we have few applications in SQL Server 2000 environment too. Now, my boss wants me to look and manage that server as a part of my duty. This is why I want to download SQL Server 2000 in my local machine and practice it's DTS functionality.

• ei can you send me a file of SQL 2000 that is already installed my email add is samuel.naldo@yahoo.com,Because i cant run mine it always have error in the last installation

thank you

• naldo.samuel (1/10/2010)

ei can you send me a file of SQL 2000 that is already installed my email add is samuel.naldo@yahoo.com,Because i cant run mine it always have error in the last installation

thank you

nope sorry, noone can send you the hundreds of megs of files that are required to install MSDE, let alone the thousands of lines of registry entries that are required as part of a successful install.

you need to fix the installation problem you are having on your machine; As others mentioned above,if you are doing a new installation, unless you need to directly support an existing 2000 installation by providing backups, you should be installing the Express version of SQL 2008.

Lowell

• naldo.samuel (1/10/2010)

ei can you send me a file of SQL 2000 that is already installed my email add is samuel.naldo@yahoo.com,Because i cant run mine it always have error in the last installation

thank you

start a new thread detailing the error you are getting, someone might have an answer for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• .......or google the error 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply