Linked server against Oracle fails

• Hi all! Last sayurday my production box went down. When the server becomes available again, my linked servers against an Oracle server stop working. This linkeds were using Microsoft OLE DB providers for Oracle as a data source provider. Now, when i try to see the tables of the linked, i obtain the error 7399 (Ole DB provider 'MSDAORA' reported an error). If i define the connection using a native Oracle connection (Oracle provider for Ole DB) i see the tables, but the queries don´t work, with the next error:

Server: Msg 7320, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Could not execute query against OLE DB provider 'OraOLEDB.Oracle'.

I don´t know how to trobbleshot this. In the server witch resides the SQL Instance there are three different versions of Oracle (8i, 8.1.6 and 9i), i suspect that when the server restart another version of Oracle went up, but i don´t know how to check this.

I really need help with this...

Regards

• Are there unique index exists on remote tables in ORACLE?

Each Oracle instance has its own set of services installed. You will know which one is running by verify the services.

• Also, try running the query a couple of time, the provider doesn't always give the return error. Then finally can you post an example of what is failing, since you can see the tables some query is working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply