Linked Server - Sybase

• I don't have a lot of experience with other databases, so I hoep someone can offer some advice. 

I am trying to link two servers for a client.  One houses a SQL server and web app, and the other houses the data source in a Sybase database.  Following the instructions in Q280102 on the MS knowledgebase, I installed the ASA client on the SQL server, then using enterprise manager, ran the stored procedures to addlinkedserver and addlinkedserverlogin using the Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC.  The server is now there, and I have "views" and "tables" in the tree, but there doesn't appear to be any real connection - I still can't access any data through the link.

Can anyone offer any advice or point me where I might find some more info?

TIA,

Marianne

• Do you see any tables listed in that node of the tree??

How are you trying to access the linked server?

• Take a look at the following link. I think it will clear it up for you.

http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_280102.aspx

• that's the same article I started with.  it was helpful, but didn't make the connection.  I haven't done anything with the "path environment" mentioned, or with the registry tweaks for the drivers. 

I did load the client and going through the ODBC administrator, I can see the Sybase ASA driver, however the connection test there fails as well.  I starting to think it's a driver issue, but I'm not sure where to find what I'm looking for.

thx,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply