Linked server to Access

• Hello Friends,

I have built a linked server in my SQL server to an Accessibility table situated on a different server on the system. Then I made a View that uses that linked server to display the columns and data that I require. It works excellent. Now here is my issue.

The individual who requires to use the view I created links to my computer from his laptop or computer. It does not work for him. It presents an error a thing to the order of " the table can not be opened up because a different user already has it started out or you need to be given access to the table"

I am actually mixed up by this. All the computers have permissions to read the Access file. There is no lock data file on it so it so there is not any other user utilizing it. All the computers are also utilizing the same log on.

So why can I use the view on my laptop or computer but not use it when I link to my computer remotely? I think it must be some type of a approval thing but since I am new to all of this I am not able to determine it out.

If someone could give me some thoughts as to what to examine on this I would sure be gratefull. If I cant determine it out...... its going to be BAD.

Thanks!

Livetecs

Time Tracking Software

• Did you set up an ODBC connection first from your machine, and reference that DSN in your linked server setup? If so, check that you created a System DSN and not a user-specific one. If you did the latter, the other user wouldn't be able to see it when connecting to your linked server

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply