Linked Server to iSeries issues

• any idea how to use the default initial catalog, default schema, etc?

• This is the code I used. I've removed certain parts for security.

EXEC master.dbo.sp_addlinkedserver @server = N'AS400', @srvproduct=N'DB2OLEDB', @provider=N'DB2OLEDB', @datasrc=N'server to link', @provstr=N'Provider=DB2OLEDB;Initial Catalog=<'initial catalog'>;Network Transport Library=TCP;PC Code Page=1252;Network Address=<'IP address'>;Package Collection=<'library list'>;Default Schema=<'default library'>;Process Binary as Character=False;Units of Work=RUW;DBMS Platform=DB2/AS400;Defer Prepare=False;Rowset Cache Size=0;Persist Security Info=False;Mode=Read;Connection Pooling=False;Derive Parameters=False;', @catalog=N'intial catalog'

The Data Source is the name over the server

The initial catalog is typically the processor serial number on a iSeries, it begins with an S on our machine. It is the lowest level of name qualification.

The package collection is a list of libraries to access.

The default schema is the primary library you wish to access.

• Thank you for the reply. Do you inlcude the angle brackets around the property values? The single quotes don't work either.

• No dont include the angle brackets I only put these in as a place holder. You only need single quotes around the data source nothing else.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply