Linked Servers

• I am aware that table Sys.SysServers gives us the list of all linked server on the particular server.

I want to know list of all servers which was used the Linked server of my server.

Example

MyMainServer [ No linked server configured ]

SubServer1 [ Linked server configured to MyMainServer ]

SubServer2 [ Linked server configured to MyMainServer ]

SubServer3 [ Linked server configured to MyMainServer ]

So MyMainServer was linked in SubServer1 ,SubServer2 , SubServer3.

Is there any way i can find from MyMainServer , what are all the servers using this?

else any way to get wat are all the query executed on MyMainServer from SubServer1 ,SubServer2 , SubServer3 ?

• Hi,

no, you can't get your "subscribers". Through a linked server you connect like any other user in your sql server environment, so you can perhaps get all clients from which they are connected to your server. But if you can distinguish these connections from other user connections, I don't know. Try to get your information from sys.dm_exec_sessions with all open connections.

[font="Arial"]Kind regards,

Patrick Fiedler
    Consultant

Fiedler SQL Consulting

www.fiedler-sql-consulting.de
    [/font]

• Hi,

no, you can't get your "subscribers". Through a linked server you connect like any other user in your sql server environment, so you can perhaps get all clients from which they are connected to your server. But if you can distinguish these connections from other user connections, I don't know. Try to get your information from sys.dm_exec_sessions with all open connections.

[font="Arial"]Kind regards,

Patrick Fiedler
    Consultant

Fiedler SQL Consulting

www.fiedler-sql-consulting.de
    [/font]

• Thanks Patrick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply