List of Databases taking forever to load

• Hello. I've recently been suffereing from a problem with listing databases or tables from enterprise manager or query analyzer taknig forever. It takes roughly 90 seconds to show the list, and there are about 20 databases on this instance. Is this common and what is the simple fix?

Thanks.

• Does it happen from every client that accesses the server or just one?

• It happens to me only for that server. I have other SQL instances where the db load time is far less with more databases.

• You didn't just install any of the 2005 tools on that machine did you? I know where I have the 2005 tools the database listing expands really slowly. Curious.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• You should also check if the databases on that server are set to auto close.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• I'm assuming you're using 2000...We've seen similar problems on certain machines where I work.

The solution we discovered was that the "slow" machines had a different version of sqldmo.dll. Replacing that dll with the version on the faster ones did the trick. The version on my machine is 2000.80.760.0 if that helps at all.

• The suggestion of esmith21(the previous) works on my SQL Server, Thanks!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply