loading a table parallely

• Can I use an ssis package to load a single table from different sources parallely...

What are different ways to do this kind a task?

Any help on this?

Regards

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Yes, but it is often a bad idea.

You can use the same table for multiple data flow destinatio components. As long as you have not specified RetainSameConnection=True on your connection manager, SSIS will be happy to run the inserts in parallel.

However, you will be very limited in the bulk insert options you can use or your components will block each other and you will risk having one component error or timeout. It is usually better to use a UNION ALL component to put the data together and use the most appropriate bulk insert for your system (SQL Destination or OLEDB Destination/Fast Load). You will have less contention this way.

• Thanks for you reply..

Well My package will have 9 data flow tasks with different sources and same destination.....

Can I use this way?

Do I need to remove TABLE LOCK check option?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Bulk Insert will load up to 5.1 million rows of 20 columns each in 60 seconds flat. How many rows are you trying to import?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply