Loading an Existing 2008 package to SQL 2016 integration service project failed

• I am trying to load an existing SQL 2008 package to a new integration service project in Visual studio 2015. I am getting failure as mentioned below.

------------------------------

Error at [Package Format Migration Module]: There was an exception migrating the package from version 3 to version 8. Exception information follows. System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\UpgradeMappings'.

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

It mentioned that it could not find path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\UpgradeMappings'.

I have installed SSIS instance on D: and hence I have 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\UpgradeMappings' path. I am not sure how to make change in visual studio so that it refer to path on D: drive. Any assistance will be greately appreciated..

• SQL 2008 Packages wont work on SQL 2016. You may need to redevelop project on SQL 2016 Visual studio.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply