log backup job on secondary replia -- sql 2012

• Hi Team,

Regarding the log backup job on secondary replia (Asynh mode) failed with below error on daily basis :-

msg 35295, Sev 16, State 1, Line 1 : Log backup for database yacd on a secondary replica failed because the last backup LSN (0x00026c0a:00000598:0001) from the primary database is greater than the current local redo LSN (0x00026c0a:00000597:0001). No log records need to be backed up at this time. Retry the log-backup operation later. [SQLSTATE 42000]

Msg 3013, Sev 16, State 1, Line 1 : BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000]

On every subsequent runs job completed by its own and dbs are in synch without any issues.

Per month this log job failed more than 20 times. Can you please guide me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,Kumar

• Why are you running backup jobs on an asynchronous replica? The error message you're getting explains why it's not a great idea. In the event of a disaster, wouldn't you want to know you'd been backing up the most up to date data?

• Thanks for your reply.

As per application requirement its in asyn mode.

• Can anyone of you suggest me. ??

• Is this mirroring or an AlwaysOn Availability Group?

• ÅG configured. As per app requirement , secondary replica is in asyn mode.

• So you only have two nodes? Then I'd just take the backups on the primary node.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply