Log dumps/loads

• Hey everyone,

I"ve recently started some dumping/loading of logs to a secondary server. I can confirm that the actually batch file run from SQL runs perfect on its own AND it actually FULLY COMPLETES from SQL, but SQL gives this error. I searched for similar issues, and no one has clearly defined issue or resolution to my specific issue.

Event log shows the success and I can confirm the loaded data is there aswell.

The job failed. The Job was invoked by User. The last step to run was step 22 (Dailyprocess DB log dump/load to server). The job was requested to start at step 22 (Dailyprocess DB log dump/load to server).

Any help is always greatly appreciated!

Steve

• Edit the job, go to the advanced properties of the step and log output to file. There's nothing in the message you posted that is useful, the output of the step that failed should give more info

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • D:\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\dailyprocessLog.bak

1 File(s) copied

The system cannot find the path specified.

My apologies Gail, there wasn't much in there either, hence why I didn't post it originally.

(Edit): Nevermind, my copy didn't work grabbing from the server, I meant to have that message originally, lol.

Sorry again.

Steve

• Steve-0 (12/23/2013)

D:\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\dailyprocessLog.bak

1 File(s) copied

The system cannot find the path specified.

Have you checked that all paths referenced in that job step exist and are accessible

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• I have confirmed the directories are referenced the same in the batch file AND the dumpdevice. This is a local drive that is fully accessible by the SQL Agent Service account.

All steps work fine directly at command line. They are all working from SQL but it still says there is a failure.

• Hard to say anything useful from across the network, but if the output says that a directory doesn't exist, that's what the error is.

Double-check what account the job is running under.

Gail Shaw

• The step is being run as the SQL Service Agent account which previous steps in the same job utilize without any problems. I confirmed permissions from the root on.

Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply