Log shipping

• Can I do log shipping in MS SQL Server 2008 enterprise trial 180 version

• Yes..you can do..

• I have just install two Instances for SQL Server 2008 enterprise trial edition .let the instances be SQL1 and SQL2 ... sales database on SQL1 when I right click on the sales database and goes to its properties...it does not shows the Transaction log shipping Page ,neither its shows mirroring page...thx

• can you post the results of below queries

select @@version

select serverproperty('edition')

select serverproperty('productlevel')

thanks

• please see the result thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (RTM) - 10.0.1600.22 (Intel X86)

Jul 9 2008 14:43:34

Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Microsoft Corporation

Enterprise Evaluation Edition on Windows NT 6.1 <X86> (Build 7600: )

(1 row(s) affected)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enterprise Evaluation Edition

(1 row(s) affected)

RTM

(1 row(s) affected)

• is the database in simple recovery mode? Needs to be at least bulk-logged for log shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• yes it has full recovery model.....

• interesting. This is the second thread on this subject. according to MS this option should be available. Have you tried applying SP1?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply